· Tues: Producer Price Index 8:30 AM ET
· Tues: Retail Sales 8:30 AM ET
· Weds: Consumer Price Index 8:30 AM ET
· Weds: Empire State Manufacturing Survey 8:30 AM ET
· Weds: Industrial Production 9:15 AM ET
· Thurs: Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
· Fri: Housing Starts 8:30 AM ET
News, News, News, and lots of it will be the talk of the media this week. Earnings season is underway with Goldman Sachs (GS) Tuesday morning and Google (GOOG) Thursday evening and the FOMC minutes will be released Wednesday at 2:00 PM ET. The top line figures remain trading at levels of support and should continue to do so until a catalyst-either positive or negative, moves them higher or lower.
The EUR/USD has also been trading in a tightening range which could be forming a triangle. A break of its 1.38 or 1.42 level should act as another form of confirmation.