In the week ahead look for these news announcements to act as potential market movers…
• Weds: EIA Petroleum Status Report 10:30 AM ET
• Thurs: International Trade 8:30 AM ET
• Thurs: Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
• Thurs: EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 AM ET
• Thurs: Treasury Budget 2:00 PM ET
• Fri: Retail Sales 8:30 AM ET
• Fri: Import and Export Prices 8:30 AM ET
• Fri: Consumer Sentiment 9:55 AM ET
• Fri: Business Inventories 10:00 AM ET
Ben Bernanke speaks to the Economic Club of Washington D.C. Monday at noon eastern time.
Not a whole lot early on in the week new wise. However Thursday and Friday are packed with a few heavy hitters. We are looking for a breakout or breakdown outside of the latest few weeks of price action.
The U.S. dollar index made a jump back up to $76. It’s possible it may be forming a temporary bottom which would be bearish for equities.